Forming part of the design team, primary an engineering rather than styling role with expectation to take a project lead roles with responsibility for the progression of designs from concept to delivery. Additionally working very closely with the simulation and optimisation team to develop bespoke and novel design optimisation processes. Communication and lesion with clients and yards will also be expected.
Parametric NX Design Engineer
Responsibilities will include
- Speciation Development: Working closely with the control/systems, performance and design engineering in the creation of design specifications ensuring system and product feasibility
- Design Development: Design of light weight mechanical and electro mechanical systems in Siemens NX with from the product from concept though to manufacturing release. Ensuring suitability of mechanical systems within master model environment with also be key.
- Engineering: Self sufficient applying principles of mechanics, hydraulics, and materials, basic load case development, both hand sizing calculations and detailed stress analysis though the use finite element methods. (with additional support provided by specialist structural analysts where required)
- Management of engineering releases and Bill of Materials, Support the procurement process
- Test plan development and testing, including FMEA
We are looking for an experienced, intelligent, professional engineer, with particular attention to the following personal attributes:
- Intelligent and technically sharp – high grade MEng or similar level qualification from a reputable university.