Closing Date – 17th July
Ideally you are an experienced high performance mechanical engineer with a wide ranging experience working across mechanical mechanism, electromechanical, hydromechanical and fixture and system design.
You will have a minimum of between 3 and 5 years experience and will be both a self starter and a team player. You will have an inquisitive mind and a strong desire to succeed.
You will be comfortable working in a small but highly focused group of multi-disciplined engineers on both distinct well defined projects with some R&D.
You will buy-in to our team philosophies of “push until its done”!
This person with be responsible for the development of wide range high of performance bespoke marine components and systems.
Responsibilities will include
- Speciation Development: Working closely with the control/systems, performance and design engineering in the creation of design specifications ensuring system and product feasibility
- Design Development: Design of light weight mechanical and electro mechanical systems in Siemens NX with from the product from concept though to manufacturing release. Ensuring suitability of mechanical systems within master model environment with also be key.
- Engineering: Self sufficient applying principles of mechanics, hydraulics, and materials, basic load case development, both hand sizing calculations and detailed stress analysis though the use finite element methods. (with additional support provided by specialist structural analysts where required)
- Management of engineering releases and Bill of Materials, Support the procurement process
- Test plan development and testing, including FMEA
We are looking for an experienced, intelligent, professional engineer, with particular attention to the following personal attributes:
- Intelligent and technically sharp – high grade Engineering degree or similar level qualification from a reputable university.
- 3+ years experience as a mechanical engineer in a performance driven sector, marine experience is not required
- Experienced Parametric modeller- in Siemens NX is preferred
- Experience in the use of Finite Element Analysis codes as part of normal working practice (NX Nastran ideally)
- Proven track record taking designs from concept to delivery
- Experience in the development of large industrial mechanical components will be a plus
- Experience in topological optimisation and/or control engineering will be a plus