A experienced high performance mechanical engineer ideally with wide ranging experience working across electromechanical, hydromechanical and mechanical mechanism, fixture and system design. This person with be responsible for the development of wide range light weight bespoke marine systems including general system layout, bearing and gear box design, actuation systems and hydraulic componentry.
Responsibilities will include
- Speciation Development: Working closely with the control/systems, performance and design engineering in the creation of design specifications ensuring system and product feasibility
- Design Development: Design of light weight mechanical and electro mechanical systems in Siemens NX with from the product from concept though to manufacturing release. Ensuring suitability of mechanical systems within master model environment with also be key.
- Engineering: Self sufficient applying principles of mechanics, hydraulics, and materials, basic load case development, both hand sizing calculations and detailed stress analysis though the use finite element methods. (with additional support provided by specialist structural analysts where required)
- Management of engineering releases and Bill of Materials, Support the procurement process
- Test plan development and testing, including FMEA
We are looking for an experienced, intelligent, professional engineer, with particular attention to the following personal attributes:
- Intelligent and technically sharp – high grade Engineering degree or similar level qualification from a reputable university.