Responsible for development of control architecture, component specification and the development of embedded / electronic control systems on a wide array of multi-faceted marine development projects.
Control / Embedded Software Engineer
Responsibilities will include
- Control architecture – definition of the control layout (controllers, communication busses, HMI, hierarchy, component selection).
- Design of software architecture.
- System Architecture – working with the wider design team to ensure that our hydraulic & electrical component sizing, mechanical design, schematic layout, and software control strategy are joined up and will work effectively as a system.
- Analysis & Simulation – up-front simulation of the systems and control strategies using Simulink/Simscape. Use of these simulations for SIL and HIL rig development.
- Embedded Code – Writing control code for all parts of the system in C, Simulink, and other similar packages.
- Calibration and setup – commissioning and calibration of the system on our rigs and boats.
- Testing and development – development of new testing methods, notably SIL & HIL, running sea trials- including planning, execution, analysis & reporting.
- Coding standards and good practice – you would be responsible for helping to continually develop our processes, standards and tools to ensure our software and calibration are robust and reliable.
- Management of partners – Where we work closely with an external consultancy your role would include working alongside them and managing their workload.
We are looking for an experienced, intelligent, professional engineer, with particular attention to the following personal attributes:
- Intelligent and technically sharp – high grade MEng or similar level qualification from a reputable university.